June 30, 2009

boob tube

Since we in the Dyer household are in the dead winter of a spending freeze, I have not been knitting lately.

One unexpected side effect of this is that I no longer have something to keep my hands busy while watching television. This is the correct order, if I'm honest with myself. I always thought I just watched tv to have something in the background while I knitted.

Turns out it's the other way around. I like my trashy tv, and I can't help it. I'm just fully aware of it now, and while the embarassment has grown from a dull murmur to an irritating chatter in my ear, it's not loud enough to make me turn The Bachelorette off. I have a problem. I admit it. But I'm going to wallow in it a little while longer.

1 comment:

  1. Caught myself watching an old 90210 episode while babysitting the other day. Did I turn it off? No. Did I watch another one the next day? Hell yes.

    ReplyDelete