And although I'll be relieved to leave Denver limbo, I'll just be moving on to Michigan limbo until we make it to the finish line that is Ontario. Which may be awhile. And during which I'm not sure how to occupy myself, considering it will take place in the company of my husband, as well as my brother-in-law and my father-in-law and my mother-in-law, all under the same roof. Can you tell I'm a pessimist? Negative Nancy: present. (Flight Of The Conchords joke. sorry.)
So basically, I'm worrying about situations I haven't even entered yet, and I need to take a step back and just let things unfold naturally without assuming the worst. I'm really good at expecting any & every possible problem or downfall, to the point where my brother told me a couple weeks ago that I should consider giving up being negative for Lent. For serious.
So, in the spirit of not being negative, here are some things I can be grateful for:
- Autumn is rolling in, even in Denver! This morning was cool and drizzly and completely refreshing. And since we've had such a wet summer maybe the trees will turn some lovely shades of fall instead of just shriveling up.
- Inspired by smashley: new 'roos!
- Kind & generous friends who have let me truck myself in & out of their homes for a month.
- Sadie & Annie, my buddies for one more week, who keep me company and bark at all the strangers.
- A dad & stepmom who are willing to haul themselves all the way out here so I don't have to make the last road trip alone.
- A group skype date tomorrow night with some dear, darling friends from ALL four U.S./Canadian time zones!
- Looking forward to a fall that includes: TWO Thanksgivings, a wedding, and a family reunion, celebrating in particular a 90th birthday and a brand-spanking-new adopted baby Shepard.