February 25, 2010

The snowless wonder

Well, I have to tell you; Canada is hardly Siberia. Of course, we aren't much further north than where I grew up in Chicagoland, but it's the vague perception of Canada, you know? Igloos and dog sleds and hockey and all that. Well, the hockey part is legit. But I'm pretty sure Texas has gotten more snow in the past ten days than we have. For serious.

And then on Monday, we couldn't have gotten more than 20cm (I'm learning! I'm learning! And p.s., $.99 per liter of gas is NOT AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS.) of snow, but it sifted down in between 2pm and 7pm, and what normally takes me 20 minutes turned into a remarkable two hours rolling along at 10 kilometers per hour (learning!) on the highway. Yikes.

I was Captain Crankypants, let me tell you, but after I changed into some sweatpants and my new outrageous sweaterboots I felt better. Thanks, Mashley.

Canadian Care Package from Anna Dyer on Vimeo.



Turns out walking through the snow is about 18 times better than driving in it. Also, Toby is fun to throw snowballs at.


So, we are having ourselves a slice of winter after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment